[Bioc-devel] Large vignettes

Lluís Revilla ||u|@@rev|||@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jan 12 11:29:10 CET 2023

Hi all,

Perhaps instead of long vignettes, it would be better to use a book hosted
and in sync with the packages at Bioconductor.
There are already a few: https://www.bioconductor.org/books/release/
But I was not able to find how to submit such bookdowns to Bioconductor (I
briefly searched the website and the dev book at
https://contributions.bioconductor.org/docs.html?q=book).
I think the limits are less restrictive and there is no minimum size of
chapters or documentation, but I am not sure.

Some authors already have books outside bioconductor to have extensive
examples of their packages.
They will also benefit from having them with the Bioconductor framework and
in sync with the packages released to the users.

Best,

Lluís