[Bioc-devel] error in bioconductor package DSS

Wu, Hao h@o@wu @end|ng |rom emory@edu
Fri Sep 30 23:59:28 CEST 2022

Hello,

I recently received an email regarding an error for DSS: https://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.15/bioc-LATEST/DSS/palomino3-buildsrc.html. The error is about the parallel computing in Windows. However, I have corrected this error a while ago, and it has passed the compilation before. It’s not clear why the error appeared again, since in the source code on bioconductor, the error shouldn’t be there.

To be more specific, the message says that the error happened in line 338-340 in the vignette (DSS.Rmd):

Quitting from lines 338-340 (DSS.Rmd)
Error: processing vignette 'DSS.Rmd' failed with diagnostics:
Shrinkage estimator in parallel computing encountered errors. Please switch to single core.

However, if I do “git clone git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/DSS<mailto:git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/DSS>” to get the DSS source code, you can see lines 338-340 in DSS.Rmd are commented out. It seems the system is still compiling the old version. I’m very confused. Could someone help?

Thank you very much.

Hao Wu

--
Professor
Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics