[Bioc-devel] Package Classifications via BiocViews

Hervé Pagès hp@ge@@on@g|thub @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Sep 29 01:03:46 CEST 2022

Hi Burak,

Based on your description of what the package does, this is really a
software package in nature, so is in the wrong repository. We need to
fix this.

In 4 steps:

1. Please remove the ExperimentData term from the biocViews field as
well as any term that belongs to the ExperimentData ontology, that is:
DiseaseModel, OrganismData, Homo_sapiens_Data, Mus_musculus_Data,
Rattus_norvegicus_Data, TechnologyData, MicroarrayData, SequencingData,
and RNASeqData. Yep, most of your terms will go away.

2. Add the Software term, in first position. You're welcome to add new
terms if you want, from the following vocabulary:
https://github.com/Bioconductor/biocViews/blob/master/inst/dot/biocViewsVocab.dot.
Please make sure to pick terms that belong to the Software ontology
(i.e. are offsprings of the Software term).

3. Bump the package version (only the z part in x.y.z), and push your
changes to git.bioconductor.org.

4. Let us know when you're done. We'll make the required adjustments on
our side.

Thanks,

H.

Hervé Pagès