[Bioc-devel] reverting to a previous version

Hervé Pagès hp@ge@@on@g|thub @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Oct 20 05:01:44 CEST 2022

On 19/10/2022 19:48, Jason Ji wrote:

> Thanks Hervé,
>
> I am sorry I am not familiar with the Bioconductor git system. Could
> you please advise the code I should use to revert to the last working
> version? Thanks!

I'm not a git expert so maybe others have a better way to do this.

I would just identify the commit you want to revert (the fact that all
the recent commit messages are "commit" won't necessarily help), then
revert it with:

   git revert <commit>

If you need to revert more than 1 commit, revert them in reverse
chronological order.

This is just standard git stuff.

The only part that is specific to Bioconductor is that you need to
finish the sequence with an additional commit that bumps the version to
1.35.2.

Hope this helps,

H.