[Bioc-devel] Version number trouble

Brüggemann, Mirko m|rko@brueggem@nn @end|ng |rom bm|@@de
Tue Oct 11 07:22:31 CEST 2022

Hi Vincent,

thanks for the clarification. I can now see where I went wrong. I’ve dumped the version number from 1.3.0 to 1.3.1 now.

Thanks a lot
Mirko

Von: Vincent Carey <stvjc using channing.harvard.edu>
Datum: Montag, 10. Oktober 2022 um 18:26
An: "Brüggemann, Mirko" <mirko.brueggemann using bmls.de>
Cc: "bioc-devel using r-project.org" <bioc-devel using r-project.org>
Betreff: Re: [Bioc-devel] Version number trouble

Hi Mirko -- the devel branch has an odd y in x.y.z

stvjc using stvjc-XPS-13-9300:~/BIOC_SOURCES$ cd BindingSiteFinder
stvjc using stvjc-XPS-13-9300:~/BIOC_SOURCES/BindingSiteFinder$ grep Version DE*
Version: 1.3.0
stvjc using stvjc-XPS-13-9300:~/BIOC_SOURCES/BindingSiteFinder$ git fetch --all
Fetching origin

The current release branch has an even y in x.y.z

stvjc using stvjc-XPS-13-9300:~/BIOC_SOURCES/BindingSiteFinder$ git checkout RELEASE_3_15
Branch 'RELEASE_3_15' set up to track remote branch 'RELEASE_3_15' from 'origin'.
Switched to a new branch 'RELEASE_3_15'
stvjc using stvjc-XPS-13-9300:~/BIOC_SOURCES/BindingSiteFinder$ grep Version DE*
Version: 1.2.0
stvjc using stvjc-XPS-13-9300:~/BIOC_SOURCES/BindingSiteFinder$ git remote -v
origin git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/BindingSiteFinder (fetch)
origin git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/BindingSiteFinder (push)

By managing the current checkout you can make changes in a selected branch,
incrementing z in x.y.z in the associated DESCRIPTION file as necessary

Full details at https://contributions.bioconductor.org/git-version-control.html