[Bioc-devel] Issue with a package dependent on rJava

Anestis Gkanogiannis @ne@t|@ @end|ng |rom gk@nog|@nn|@@com
Mon Oct 10 02:02:52 CEST 2022

Hello,

On line 1289 of melting.R you call the keyset() method of opts_melt (which is a HashMap).
This method in Java until 11, return a private AbstractSet (KeySet).
On line 1290 of melting.R you call iterator() method of the KeySet object you got on the previous line.

Problem is that this KeySet is private and this call through reflexion isn’t valid, hence the exception.

They changed this in java 11 where the returned AbstractSet is public.

So solution is either use java >11
or change your code in melting.R to not call the iterator() method of keyset (which is a private AbstractSet).

Best regards,

Anestis Gkanogiannis, PhD
https://linkedin.com/in/anestis-gkanogiannis
https://github.com/gkanogiannis