[Bioc-devel] Mac ARM64 binaries available

Vincent Carey @tvjc @end|ng |rom ch@nn|ng@h@rv@rd@edu
Tue Oct 4 11:40:11 CEST 2022

We are not running check on ARM platform at this time.  If you want to
provide a link to the
package/error you are having trouble with I will have a look on my
machine.  If you are passing
on the other platforms there will be no consequences for remaining in the
bioc ecosystem.

On Tue, Oct 4, 2022 at 5:22 AM Ramon Diaz-Uriarte <rdiaz02 using gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> It is unclear to me if the deadline of 28-October-2022 for "packages
> passing ‘‘R CMD build’’ and ‘‘R CMD check’’ without errors or warnings" (
> https://bioconductor.org/developers/release-schedule/) also applies to
> this platform.
>
> Why the question? I am trying to debug an error in this platform of a
> package I maintain but:
>
> a) the snapshot date seems older than the snapshot date in
> http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/ (which would
> introduce a longer delay in verifying results of code changes)
>
> b) results are not linked from the former page (which, I understand, is
> the "canonical" one for checking status).
>

> Thanks,
>

> R.
>

> On Tue, 27-September-2022, at 19:46:01, Jennifer Wokaty <
> Jennifer.Wokaty using sph.cuny.edu> wrote:
> > Mac ARM64 binaries are now available. You can view the build report at
> > https://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.16/bioc-mac-arm64-LATEST/.
> >
> > To make use of these binaries
> >
> > * Install R-4.2.1-arm64.pkg from CRAN at
> https://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/
> > * Install BiocManager as usual
> > * Use BiocManager::install() as usual
> >
> > Note: BiocManager::install() will automatically pick the new arm64
> binaries so
> > you should no longer need Xcode.
> >

> > Jennifer Wokaty
> > they/them
> > Bioconductor Core Team
> > CUNY SPH

> --
> Ramon Diaz-Uriarte
> Department of Biochemistry, Lab B-31
> Facultad de Medicina
> Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
> Arzobispo Morcillo, 4
> 28029 Madrid
> Spain
>
> Phone: +34-91-497-2412
>
> Email: rdiaz02 using gmail.com
>        r.diaz using uam.es
>
> https://ligarto.org/rdiaz

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the ...{{dropped:18}}