[Bioc-devel] Interpreting BiocCheck output

Giulia Pais g|u||@p@|@1 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Oct 4 10:44:53 CEST 2022

Hello,
I�m having some issues in interpreting BiocCheck outputs, maybe someone can tell me how to fix the issues.

I�ve got 2 main issues that cause the check to fail after normal CRAN check has passed:

  1.  I get this error message

* Checking if other packages can import this one...

    * ERROR: Packages providing 2 object(s) used in this package should be imported in the NAMESPACE file, otherwise packages importing

      this package may fail.

However it is nowhere mentioned which packages they are and where those objects are instantiated so I have no clue how to solve this one

  1.  Since previous version of the package, which built and passed checks without issues, I�ve been using a custom *.Rmd file placed in inst/rmd in the vignette to recycle the same chunk of code and optimizing time in phase of update (I update info only once instead of 4 times). Even if the package passes CRAN checks, BiocCheck errors telling me it can�t find this Rmd file and therefore can�t evaluate the chunk where it is mentioned. Any suggestion on this?

Thanks in advance
Giulia