[Bioc-devel] BiocManager::install() behavior with available updates

Lluís Revilla ||u|@@rev|||@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Nov 13 10:19:30 CET 2022

Hi Matej,

Usually when I find this kind of message it indicates that the package
is installed in different libraries and you are updating in just one
library.

Have you checked that it is installed in multiple libraries? I usually
use something similar to this to identify those packages:

ip1 <- installed.packages(lib = .libPaths()[1])
ip2 <- installed.packages(lib = .libPaths()[2])
union(rownames(ip1), rownames(ip2))

I hope this helps.

Best,

Lluís