[Bioc-devel] change of maintainer and deprecated package to fix

Elena Papaleo e|p@p @end|ng |rom dtu@dk
Mon Mar 14 10:36:40 CET 2022

Dear Bioconductor maintainers,

I'm Elena Papaleo from the Technical University of Denmark and the Danish Cancer Society Research Center.

I am one of the principal investigator behind the development of the MoonlightR package currently in Bioconductor. We have realized that the package is now set as deprecated as it fails to build under macOS. Have I understood correctly that we need to fix the package so that the macOS build passes before the April the 4th for it to remain in Bioconductor?

I am writing to let you know that we are interested in keeping up with the development of the package. The main maintenance is now covered almost entirely by my group. We would like to fix the build issue and we have a few other changes we'd like to push to the Bioconductor repository as well, in the short-medium term. In order to do this, we would like to change the maintainer from Antonio Colaprico (here in cc) to Matteo Tiberti (also in cc). His details are:

Matteo Tiberti

tiberti using cancer.dk

ORCID: 0000-0003-2529-3594

Antonio if you can please approve this request here we can get it done.

Many thanks

Elena Papaleo