[Bioc-devel] Package fails to install

Kern, Lori Lor|@Shepherd @end|ng |rom Ro@we||P@rk@org
Wed Jul 27 18:11:38 CEST 2022

LatticeExtra could be a dependency of a dependency.  Could you please include what error you have when trying to install as well as your sessioninfo.

________________________________
From: Bioc-devel <bioc-devel-bounces using r-project.org> on behalf of Alemu Takele <alemutak using hotmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2022 8:03:30 AM
To: bioc-devel using r-project.org <bioc-devel using r-project.org>
Subject: [Bioc-devel] Package fails to install

Hi the Bioconductor community,

I have submitted and published a package called SPsimSeq on Bioconductor but I'm having an issue of installing it using the command `BiocManager::install("SPsimSeq"). Apparently, I'm not the only one with this issue. When I run the above command, the error message says

> BiocManager::install("SPsimSeq")
Bioconductor version 3.12 (BiocManager 1.30.10), R 4.0.3 (2020-10-10)
Installing package(s) 'SPsimSeq'
trying URL 'https://secure-web.cisco.com/17S22EjCDOQd6AZtEX4wPmp5Urs__e_JwlysplL7E7Pu_QmguBhDW4_DHQSxXqRV_dqRmsDouHfjXcekHoGqeYgR0pmIBuV4hsorrLQVXiD5bI0vsd9Jsh1qCZEcDAx7Ywj2SF89RyOZE6lrGjthExsZvy7xVRalCvC424-9ljwCOQuJ5vpdzuy9vm8raX3lMaCJ2aukpw5pA5yhVyr9Pfz0DSRaB2PM9NgsaMYHYAh-MYEpGQ1h_m8ytDseULZTMDgrHNlgCM24npZG_30aDcBLVbk9JQ9lVfguUYVZLv2faVl4qSnkabRyMtiiXpe6s/https%3A%2F%2Fbioconductor.org%2Fpackages%2F3.12%2Fbioc%2Fbin%2Fwindows%2Fcontrib%2F4.0%2FSPsimSeq_1.0.0.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 911693 bytes (890 KB)
downloaded 890 KB

package �SPsimSeq� successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked

Then
> library(SPsimSeq)
Error: package or namespace load failed for �SPsimSeq� in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]]):
 there is no package called �latticeExtra�
In addition: Warning message:
In readRDS(f) : error reading the file

The package 'latticeExtra' is not part of SPsimSeq dependencies and when I try to install I never succeed.

Can you suggest to me the solution, please? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Alemu Takele, ASSEFA
Tel: +32 486 76 84 55
Skype: Alemu.tak