[Bioc-devel] error on riesling1 but not on palomino3

Jennifer Wokaty Jenn||er@Wok@ty @end|ng |rom @ph@cuny@edu
Wed Feb 23 15:14:28 CET 2022

Hi Oleksii,

Palomino3, which has the new UCRT toolchain to allow native support of UTF-8 and non-European languages, will replace Riesling1 soon, so please disregard the error on Riesling1, which is only running for historical reference.

We're also working on a way to help troubleshoot issues related to Windows environments.

Jennifer Wokaty
Bioconductor Core Team

From: Bioc-devel <bioc-devel-bounces using r-project.org> on behalf of Oleksii Nikolaienko <oleksii.nikolaienko using gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2022 4:44 AM
To: bioc-devel using r-project.org
Subject: [Bioc-devel] error on riesling1 but not on palomino3

***ATTENTION: This email came from an external source. Do not open attachments or click on links from unknown senders or unexpected emails.***

Dear Bioc team,
my package (epiallleleR) currently fails tests on riesling1, but not on the
other hosts. Wrong results are produced by compiled c++ code, and at the
moment I don't understand why. I can see that both Windows hosts use GCC
8.3.0, but the compiler flags are different. I don't have access to
Windows, but I wasn't able to reproduce this error on my Linux with GCC
7.5.0 when tried to set "-fno-reorder-blocks-and-partition" in my Makevars,
or did "pkgbuild::with_debug(devtools::check())".
What are the other differences between riesling1 and palomino3? Is, for
example, sizeof(int)<4? And what can I do to debug it if I don't have
Windows around?

Best regards,
Oleksii