[Bioc-devel] bioconductor package testing

Brian Schilder br|@n_@ch||der @end|ng |rom @|umn|@brown@edu
Tue Dec 27 22:50:49 CET 2022

Hi Adam, and to any other Bioc developers who have encountered this scenario,

I would humbly offer my new R package rworkflows<https://github.com/neurogenomics/rworkflows/> for this purpose.
I started this project for exactly the situation you’re describing: wanting to test your package with a fresh install on multiple OS (Linux, Mac, Windows) before pushing the changes to Bioc. It sets up a GitHub Actions<https://github.com/features/actions> workflow that will do all Bioc (and/or CRAN) testing, render/launch documentation website via GitHub Pages, and build a containers hosted on Dockerhub. You can set this all up using a single R function- rworkflows::use_workflow()

https://github.com/neurogenomics/rworkflows/

Accompanying preprint should be up soon. An early release is currently on CRAN, but I’d recommend using the devel version on Github atm as it has more workflow customisation features. Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime 😊

Sincerely,
Brian
Brian Schilder
PhD Candidate
UK Dementia Research Institute at Imperial College London
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Brain Sciences, Neurogenomics Lab
Profile | bit.ly/imperial_profile<https://bit.ly/imperial_profile>
LinkedIn | linkedin.com/in/brian-schilder<https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-schilder/>
Twitter | twitter.com/BMSchilder<http://www.twitter.com/BMSchilder>
Lab | neurogenomics.co.uk<http://neurogenomics.co.uk>