[Bioc-devel] Packages relying on rJava failing on merida1

Anestis Gkanogiannis @ne@t|@ @end|ng |rom gk@nog|@nn|@@com
Tue Apr 19 14:51:23 CEST 2022

Hello Bioconductor core team,

My package 'fastreeR' is marked with ERROR on merida1 on build/check report for BioC 3.15, although I haven't changed nor pushed an updated version, since package accepted.
I then noticed the same error on merida1 with all packages (for example 'gaggle', 'sarks', 'Rcpi', etc.) that use 'rJava', with error message
"error: unable to load shared object '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.2/Resources/library/rJava/libs/rJava.so':dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.2/Resources/library/rJava/libs/rJava.so, 6):
Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.1/Resources/lib/libR.dylib
Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.2/Resources/library/rJava/libs/rJava.so
Reason: image not found
"
​​​​​
Is it a problem that you are aware of, or do we need to do something in our code?

With kind regards,

Anestis Gk.