[Bioc-devel] package submission DENIED by fallthru

stefano m@ng|o|@@te|@no @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Sep 30 01:23:02 CEST 2021

Hello Community,

I am submitting a repo (
https://github.com/Bioconductor/Contributions/issues/2299), I have fixed
the repo but I had to rewrite the history to delete the files in the git
that produce the failure in the check

This is BiocCheckGitClone version 1.29.14. BiocCheckGitClone is a work
in progress. Output and severity of issues may change.
* Checking valid files...
    * ERROR: System Files found that should not be git tracked:
        src/RcppExports.o
        dev/latex_equations.log

I am trying to push to upstream forcing (because of the history change)
however Bioconductor does not let me do

git push upstream master --force

rstudio-1 258 % git push upstream master --force
Counting objects: 820, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (225/225), done.
Writing objects: 100% (785/785), 3.42 MiB | 1.80 MiB/s, done.
Total 785 (delta 574), reused 747 (delta 543)
remote: Resolving deltas: 100% (574/574), completed with 22 local objects.
remote: FATAL: + refs/heads/master packages/sccomp stemangiola DENIED by
fallthru
remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/master
To git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/sccomp.git
 ! [remote rejected] master -> master (hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'git using git.bioconductor.org:
packages/sccomp.git'

Could someone please advise? Maybe I can start the submission over?
Thanks!

Best wishes.

*Stefano *

Stefano Mangiola | Postdoctoral fellow

Papenfuss Laboratory

The Walter Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research

+61 (0)466452544