[Bioc-devel] Issues with package size

Vincent Carey @tvjc @end|ng |rom ch@nn|ng@h@rv@rd@edu
Thu Sep 23 15:51:03 CEST 2021

It seems to me the reason for the large vignette size is that you have
significant DT::datatable rendering
capabilities within your vignettes, and the tables are large.  I would
propose that you use subsets of the
table content for the vignettes, and direct the reader who wants to search
the entire table interactively, to
run a function in the package that will produce the full table in datatable
format.

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 8:56 AM Giulia Pais <giuliapais1 using gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Lori,
> It is mainly data and a couple of plots, no images. Even if there is very
> minimal data somehow we can’t obtain vignettes smaller than 1 MB.
>

> From: "Kern, Lori" <Lori.Shepherd using RoswellPark.org>
> Date: Thursday, September 23, 2021 at 14:52
> To: Zuguang Gu <jokergoo using gmail.com>, Giulia Pais <giuliapais1 using gmail.com>
> Cc: "bioc-devel using r-project.org" <bioc-devel using r-project.org>
> Subject: Re: [Bioc-devel] Issues with package size
>
> In generally, Bioconductor will always require at least one vignette
> automatically checked and that performs non trivial calls to package code.
>

> Lori Shepherd
>
> Bioconductor Core Team
>
> Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
>
> Department of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
>
> Elm & Carlton Streets
>
> Buffalo, New York 14263

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the ...{{dropped:18}}