[Bioc-devel] bumphunter 1.35.0 - GENCODE FTP Server File Download Error

Tamilselvi Guharaj @e|v| @end|ng |rom d@@d|c|@h@rv@rd@edu
Mon Oct 25 18:00:52 CEST 2021

Dear Bioconductor Core Team,

The bumphunter package is exhibiting errors under the Linux and Windows
platforms due to a file download failure from the GENCODE FTP server at the
time of the daily multi-platform build/check testing for BioC 3.14.
*https://bioc.ism.ac.jp/packages/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/bumphunter/
<https://bioc.ism.ac.jp/packages/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/bumphunter/>*

*FTP Server File Download Error:*
Error in `download.file(resource(con), destfile)`: cannot open URL '
ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk/pub/databases/gencode/Gencode_human/release_25/gencode.v25.annotation.gtf.gz
'

The file is downloading fine on our end. We routinely see this error in the
daily testing reports and it goes away in a day or two. But it seems to be
persistent for the past five days or so.

Are such errors accepted or do we need to take any action from our end?

Thank you very much in advance for any input.

Thanks,
Selvi