[Bioc-devel] mosbi package: Suggested dependency not available

Hervé Pagès hp@ge@@on@g|thub @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Oct 21 22:06:12 CEST 2021

Hi Tim,

runibic has a compilation error on Mac because its native code uses
OpenMP. However package code should not use OpenMP on Mac (see
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mac/2019-June/012995.html).

I just marked runibic as unsupported on Mac.

It seems that mosbi only uses runibic in one function,
mosbi::run_unibic(), but that function is never called (the only place
where I see a call to it is in the example section of its man page but
the call is commented out). So the only reason that 'R CMD check' fails
on Mac is because, by default, 'R CMD check' wants all the deps, even
the suggested ones (i.e. soft deps), to be installed. To prevent this, I
added a .BBSoptions file to mosbi, with the following line in it:

   CHECKprepend.mac: _R_CHECK_FORCE_SUGGESTS_=0

See for example the build report for piano
https://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.14/bioc-LATEST/piano/merida1-checksrc.html
for the effect that this will have on the exact command used during CHECK.

Cheers,
H.

Hervé Pagès

Bioconductor Core Team