[Bioc-devel] Acceptable Updates Post-API Freeze

Hervé Pagès hp@ge@@on@g|thub @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Oct 20 06:49:56 CEST 2021

Hi Max,

discordant does not seem to have reverse deps to that's one less concern.

If you think you can manage to make all these changes before Sunday then
I'd say go for it.

Cheers,
H.

On 19/10/2021 14:46, McGrath, Max wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm the new maintainer for the package discordant. I've finished some updates to the package, but I am uncertain whether it would be better to update the package in 3.14 or push to the 3.15 devel branch. The key changes to the package are fixes to the C backend (now Rcpp) that prevent crashes from divide-by-zero errors, as well as a few other bug fixes. However, the changes also include altering two exported functions' default argument values (although the argument names remain the same). A more thorough list of changes is provided below. So, is it preferable to push the changes to 3.14, or should I push to the 3.15 branch?
>
> Notable changes:
>
>    *   Fix bugs from problematic combinations of arguments (which includes altering two argument default values)
>    *   Rewrite C backend in C++ (Rcpp), catch divide-by-zero errors, fix build warning
>    *   Fix data labelling bug
>    *   Refactor much of the code including composing several internal functions
>    *   Update Vignette from sweave to knitr (and from PDF to HTML)
>    *   Update reference manual, description, namespace (add a few imports), news, readme
>
> Thank you for your time,
> Max
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Hervé Pagès