[Bioc-devel] bpparam Non-deterministic Default

Spencer Nystrom ny@tromdev @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Nov 27 04:15:23 CET 2021

I agree with Martin. I think it is worse for beginners to falsely believe
their results are deterministic when they are not. This sounds like a
problem that should be solved with documentation and maybe even examples of
setting the RNG seed manually.

I also worry about advanced users and pollution of RNG seed global state by
having packages assign their own seed. Just sounds like a mess for little
gain.

  -Spencer