[Bioc-devel] WARNING: Add non-empty \value sections to the following

Witold Wolski wew @end|ng |rom |gcz@ethz@ch
Mon Nov 22 12:43:30 CET 2021

Hello,

BiocCheck produces the following warning for function with no return value.

WARNING: Add non-empty \value sections to the following man
  pages: x.Rd, y.Rd, z.Rd

However, the functions x, y, and z do not return a value since these are
functions which, e.g., plot to grDevices, or write to a file.
I am using roxygen2 to create the documentation.

I tried to address the problem by  specifying

#' @return NULL

But roxygen2 does not produce the \value section if @return NULL.

What is the best practice to suppress this warning?

Best,
Witek