[Bioc-devel] Question with push to remote repository

Nitesh Turaga ntur@g@@b|oc @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Mar 22 20:43:21 CET 2021

Hi,

It's possible you aren't using the correct SSH key?

Why does it show t.triche as the key user?

Best,

Nitesh

On 3/22/21, 2:28 PM, "Bioc-devel on behalf of Harmon, Lauren" <bioc-devel-bounces using r-project.org on behalf of Lauren.Harmon using vai.edu> wrote:

    Hello,

    I have a quick question! I accidentally committed a large file to a bioconductor repository, and I am trying to remove it from the history with bfg. That works fine, but when I try to push my changes, I get this error:

    lauren.harmon using C02CG5WTLVDL spiky.git % git push

    Enter passphrase for key '/Users/lauren.harmon/.ssh/id_rsa':

    Enumerating objects: 525, done.

    Writing objects: 100% (525/525), 42.72 MiB | 1.25 MiB/s, done.

    Total 525 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)

    remote: Resolving deltas: 100% (325/325), done.

    remote: FATAL: + refs/heads/master packages/spiky t.triche DENIED by fallthru

    remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/master

    To git.bioconductor.org:packages/spiky

     ! [remote rejected] master -> master (hook declined)

    error: failed to push some refs to 'git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/spiky'

    Do you know why this might be happening? Is it a permissions error?

    Thank you,
    Lauren