[Bioc-devel] Question with push to remote repository

Harmon, Lauren L@uren@H@rmon @end|ng |rom v@|@edu
Mon Mar 22 19:17:31 CET 2021

Hello,

I have a quick question! I accidentally committed a large file to a bioconductor repository, and I am trying to remove it from the history with bfg. That works fine, but when I try to push my changes, I get this error:

lauren.harmon using C02CG5WTLVDL spiky.git % git push

Enter passphrase for key '/Users/lauren.harmon/.ssh/id_rsa':

Enumerating objects: 525, done.

Writing objects: 100% (525/525), 42.72 MiB | 1.25 MiB/s, done.

Total 525 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)

remote: Resolving deltas: 100% (325/325), done.

remote: FATAL: + refs/heads/master packages/spiky t.triche DENIED by fallthru

remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/master

To git.bioconductor.org:packages/spiky

 ! [remote rejected] master -> master (hook declined)

error: failed to push some refs to 'git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/spiky'

Do you know why this might be happening? Is it a permissions error?

Thank you,
Lauren