[Bioc-devel] Bioconductor Developers Forum - 18th March

Mike Smith gr|mbough @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Mar 16 09:15:59 CET 2021

Dear all,

The next Bioconductor Developers' Forum is this Thursday 18th March at
09:00 PST / 12:00 EST / 17:00 CET - You can find a calendar invite
attached and at https://tinyurl.com/BiocDevel-2021-03

PLEASE NOTE: this is an hour earlier for those of us not yet in daylight
savings time!

   - This month we're discussing object orientated programming in R -
   specifically the efforts of the RConsortium Object Orientated Working Group
   and how Bioconductor could be ported to the new OO system they're
   proposing.
   - We'll be led by Michael Lawrence, plus others from the working group.
   This should be a really interesting insight into the current progress
   they're making, and give the Bioconductor community a chance to shape the
   direction of a cornerstone R's future.
   - As a primer there's a really great short summary of the S3 and S4
   systems at
   https://github.com/RConsortium/OOP-WG/blob/master/proposal/proposal.org
   which I thoroughly enjoyed reading.

We will be using BlueJeans and the meeting can be joined via:
https://bluejeans.com/114067881 (Meeting ID: 114 067 881)

Please let me know if you have future topics you'd like to discuss in the
Developers' Forum.

Best wishes,

Mike