[Bioc-devel] MOFA2 build error

Britta Velten br|tt@@ve|ten @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jul 26 08:33:09 CEST 2021

Dear all,

We are currently experiencing a build error in the dev version of MOFA2 on merida1.
http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/MOFA2/merida1-buildsrc.html <http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/MOFA2/merida1-buildsrc.html>

I am not able to reproduce this error, it seems to be related to a call to python via reticulate.
The conda environment for this is set up using basilisk. When connecting to python in a vignette the build stops with
sh: line 1: 69703 Abort trap: 6           '/Users/biocbuild/Library/Caches/org.R-project.R/R/basilisk/1.5.0/MOFA2/1.3.3/mofa_env/bin/python' '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.1/Resources/library/reticulate/config/config.py' 2> /dev/null
one node produced an error: Error 134 occurred running /Users/biocbuild/Library/Caches/org.R-project.R/R/basilisk/1.5.0/MOFA2/1.3.3/mofa_env/bin/python
Do you have any ideas what is going wrong here and suggestions how to fix this?
The build seems to work fine on all other platforms.

Thanks and all the best,
Britta