[Bioc-devel] reacVcf(remoteFile, "hg19", region) fails in VariantAnnotation 1.39.0 (and friends), works with 1.38.0

Paul Shannon p@u|@thurmond@@h@nnon @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jul 15 03:11:51 CEST 2021

Thanks, Martin.   Your hunch was right, the problem was in our sever.  We had some expired ssl certificates on the nginx server which dispatched to Flask.

The irregular behavior we saw - where readVcf worked in some settings, and failed in others - is apparently due to different ssl stringencies in different operating systems, including across different versions of linux.

I should have known better than to pin this on VariantAnnotation and Rsamtools.

 - Paul