[Bioc-devel] Updating stable release

margaret linan @c|genom|c@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jul 14 18:56:29 CEST 2021

Hi -

I successfully updated my devel PoTRA package recently, now I am trying to
push these same changes to the stable PoTRA package. I am encountering the
following issue (see highlight below).
Note - in the github PoTRA repo, I have pulled and merged from head -->
RELEASE_3_13. Also the devel commit never had a problem with my version
bump.

Already on 'master'
Your branch is up to date with 'origin/master'.

Switched to branch 'RELEASE_3_13'
Your branch is up to date with 'origin/RELEASE_3_13'.

Enumerating objects: 1, done.
Counting objects: 100% (1/1), done.
Writing objects: 100% (1/1), 641 bytes | 641.00 KiB/s, done.
Total 1 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 0
remote: Error: Illegal version bump from '1.8.0' to '1.9.1'.
remote:
remote: Check http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/version-numbering/
remote: for details.
remote:
To git.bioconductor.org:packages/PoTRA.git
 ! [remote rejected] RELEASE_3_13 -> RELEASE_3_13 (pre-receive hook
declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'git.bioconductor.org:packages/PoTRA.git'

Thanks,
Margaret