[Bioc-devel] Replicating Windows build error for BioC package submission

Hervé Pagès hp@ge@@on@g|thub @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jul 6 22:01:22 CEST 2021

Hi Ben,

There was a file permission issue on our Windows builder. It should be
addressed now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please bump the version of the package to trigger a new build by the
SPB. Thanks!

H.

On 05/07/2021 11:59, Benjamin Story wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I’m trying to debug why my package (mitoClone2) submission fails the R CMD
> build step on Windows (Linux and Mac are working) specifically on the
> Bioconductor test machine.
>

> My first steps were to try to reproduce the output on my personal Windows
> computer by installing the package from source on a fresh install of R
> 4.0.1. After installing Rtools40, I encountered different errors suggesting
> certain libraries were missing or non-accessible. I then installed
> rtools-packages in order to install the missing libraries, openssl and
> curl. There was still an error on install so I manually added -lcrypt32 to
> my PKG_LIBS variable in my Makevars.win (see
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30126970/linking-issue-with-libcrypto-undefined-reference-to-imp-certfreecertificate).
> The package now builds on my personal machine *without any errors* both
> using R CMD build and install.packages(…,from='source').
>

> To test further, I submitted the resulting tarball from R CMD build to
> https://win-builder.r-project.org/ (the same -lcrypt32 fix was needed) and
> now builds successfully there for R-devel (
> https://win-builder.r-project.org/Lb1w7hJiUfJl/00check.log - link expires
> in less than 72 hours). R-release installs but hangs at some point during
> vignette rebuilding but the C++ functions are compiled successfully (
> https://win-builder.r-project.org/QbI7yqY0oDNe/).
>

> I’m not really a developer and am thus unsure as to where to go from here
> for further troubleshooting. Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly
> appreciated. You can see my current Makevars.win here:
> https://github.com/benstory/mitoClone2/blob/main/src/Makevars.win Parts of
> the code were duplicated for testing but they don't affect the build step.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Ben
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Hervé Pagès