[Bioc-devel] Reducing number of dependencies

David Jimenez-Morales b|od@v|djm @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jul 6 03:51:45 CEST 2021

Dear Bioc gurus,

I am trying to reduce the number of dependencies in my package. One of the
suggestions is:

  Importing from so many packages makes the package vulnerable to any of
>   them becoming unavailable.  Move as many as possible to Suggests and
>   use conditionally.

In a script I would do something like this...

list.of.packages <- c("pk1", "pk2")
new.packages <- list.of.packages[!(list.of.packages %in%
installed.packages()[,"Package"])]
if(length(new.packages)) install.packages(new.packages)

but how should this be done for a bioconductor package?

Thank you very much!
David