[Bioc-devel] lack of ability to push changes to new bioc repo via git

Benjamin Story @tory@benj@m|n @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jul 1 14:29:52 CEST 2021

Dear Bioc,

For some reason my github public key isn’t working with the BioC git (see
comment). I'm just trying to push some fixes to my package under review.

Here is the command I'm running:

git remote -v
origin git using github.com:benstory/mitoClone2 (fetch)
origin git using github.com:benstory/mitoClone2 (push)
upstream git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/mitoClone2.git (fetch)
upstream git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/mitoClone2.git (push)
then
git fetch --all
Fetching origin
Fetching upstream
Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.Please make sure you have the
correct access rights
and the repository exists.
error: Could not fetch upstream
also
I tried to login/reset here ((
https://git.bioconductor.org/BiocCredentials/login/?next=/BiocCredentials/)
but I think my e-mail is not currently associated with the package (i.e. i
get the error when activating that my email *is not associated with a
maintainer of a Bioconductor package*). Although it is listed in the
DESCRIPTION https://github.com/Bioconductor/Contributions/issues/2158

Any help would be great.

Thanks for your time,
Ben