[Bioc-devel] Unable to install bioconductor package in bioconductor docker

Martin Morgan mtmorg@n@b|oc @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Jan 17 22:58:25 CET 2021

I'd guess that your *docker* system is running out of resources, e.g., memory. I'm not sure how docker determines memory available, so don't really know how to solve this other than googling for things like 'how much memory does my docker image have' and 'how do I allocate more memory to docker'.

For the former I found https://docs.docker.com/engine/reference/commandline/stats/ and for me (running outside docker, with only the one container active) I had

$ docker stats --all
CONTAINER ID        NAME                CPU %               MEM USAGE / LIMIT     MEM %               NET I/O             BLOCK I/O           PIDS
db158ed3a1e9        hopeful_diffie      0.00%               124.5MiB / 1.944GiB   6.25%               24.2MB / 544kB      896MB / 1.09GB      6

The latter lead me to https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44533319/how-to-assign-more-memory-to-docker-container but I didn't explore the answers there...

Hope that helps; for what it's worth, the relevant part of the error message you post is I think

g++: fatal error: Killed signal terminated program cc1plus
compilation terminated.

Martin