[Bioc-devel] Formatting of ExperimentHub Data in package

Murphy, Alan E @@murphy @end|ng |rom |mper|@|@@c@uk
Fri Feb 26 13:26:19 CET 2021

Hi all,

I am trying to format my data.R file in an ExperimentHub package but have ran into issues when running checks. Note that my data package has a load function; zzz.r, so datasets can be called as such dataset_name(). An example of one dataset in my data.R file is

```
#' All MGI gene symbols with ENSEMBL gene IDs
#'
#' A dataset containing all MGI symbols in first column, then ensembl_gene_id
#' in second column
#'
#' @source
#' The code to prepare the .Rda file file from the marker file is:
#' \code{
#' listMarts(host="www.ensembl.org")
#' mouse <- useMart(host="www.ensembl.org", "ENSEMBL_MART_ENSEMBL",
#'                      dataset="mmusculus_gene_ensembl")
#' all_mgi_wtEnsembl = getBM(attributes=c("mgi_symbol","ensembl_gene_id"),
#'                                mart=mouse)
#' save(all_mgi_wtEnsembl,file="all_mgi_wtEnsembl.Rda")
#' }
#' @usage all_mgi_wtEnsembl(metadata=FALSE)
#' @aliases all_mgi_wtEnsembl
#' @examples all_mgi_wtEnsembl <- ewceData::all_mgi_wtEnsembl()
#'
"all_mgi_wtEnsembl"
```

The package works fine but my issue is regarding the use of the usage, aliase and example roxygen arguments above. Currently, I get the error from CRAN checks:

```
Undocumented arguments in documentation object 'all_mgi_wtEnsembl'    �metadata�

 Functions with \usage entries need to have the appropriate \alias  entries, and all their arguments documented.  The \usage entries must correspond to syntactically valid R code.  See chapter �Writing R documentation files� in the �Writing R  Extensions� manual.
```
Does anyone know what way the data.R file should be formatted to avoid issues?

Kind regards,
Alan.

Alan Murphy
Bioinformatician