[Bioc-devel] Encountering Issues with Github sync

Krithika Bhuvaneshwar kb472 @end|ng |rom georgetown@edu
Thu Feb 25 17:39:04 CET 2021

Hello,

We are the package maintaines for the CINdex package.  We have made changes
in our package to address the build errors for the upcoming release. The
latest code is here in our Gtithub account *https://github.com/ICBI/CINdex
<https://github.com/ICBI/CINdex>  . *I'm trying to sync it with the BioC
Github repo, but encountering errors. Would appreciate some help

These are the steps I did:

1) Updated code so that there are no build errors. Updated version
information in DESCRIPTION File (changed from 1.19.0 to 1.19.1). The latest
code is here in our Gtithub account *https://github.com/ICBI/CINdex
<https://github.com/ICBI/CINdex> *

2)  I generated new ssh keys , and then added the ssh information from my
*id_rsa.pub* file in this link.
https://git.bioconductor.org/BiocCredentials/account_activation/

3) I'm currently following the steps mentioned here:
bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git/sync-existing-repositories/. *I have
an error when I try git fetch*

#Configure the “remotes” of the GitHub clone. --- completed step
git remote add upstream git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/ICBI/CINdex.git

$ git remote -v
origin https://github.com/ICBI/CINdex (fetch)
origin https://github.com/ICBI/CINdex (push)
upstream git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/ICBI/CINdex.git (fetch)
upstream git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/ICBI/CINdex.git (push)

$ git fetch --all
Fetching origin
Fetching upstream
FATAL: R any packages/ICBI/CINdex k.bhuvaneshwar DENIED by fallthru
(or you mis-spelled the reponame)

and the repository exists.
error: Could not fetch upstream

Thanks,