[Bioc-devel] Devel version of R for package development

Vincent Carey @tvjc @end|ng |rom ch@nn|ng@h@rv@rd@edu
Tue Feb 23 19:32:41 CET 2021

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 11:25 AM Matesi, Gregory <
GREGORY.MATESI using ucdenver.edu> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I had a question about package development using the devel version of
> bioconductor. We are encouraged to add dependence to the version of R that
> is used by the devel branch of Bioconductor, e.g. R version 4.1. This means
> developing using a version of R that is not released yet. Users downloading
> our package from Github get the following error message.
> Do we revert to the current R version after the package is out of the
> development stage? Or are we supposed to leave the dependence on the devel
> version of R?

Your github repo can have branches that address the different R versions
and you can use the ref= parameter of install_github to get the appropriate
one.

There are other approaches and others will surely provide additional
guidance.

> > install_github("https://github.com/hendriau/Summix.git")
>
> Installing package into ‘C:/Users/Gregory/Documents/R/win-library/4.0’
> (as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
> ERROR: this R is version 4.0.3, package 'Summix' requires R >= 4.1
> Error: Failed to install 'Summix' from GitHub:
>   (converted from warning) installation of package
> ‘C:/Users/Gregory/AppData/Local/Temp/RtmpMTpKWs/file3ce813c62fbf/Summix_0.99.9.tar.gz’
> had non-zero exit status
>
> Thank you,
> Greg

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the ...{{dropped:18}}