[Bioc-devel] How to change the name of a package on Bioconductor

Yu Huihui yuhu|hu|2011 @end|ng |rom |oxm@||@com
Wed Feb 17 22:54:50 CET 2021

Hello,

I am just following my last email. I find it is a bad way to change package name. An alternative way is to let the link jump to the package webpage, that is both http://bioconductor.org/packages/vasp and http://bioconductor.org/packages/VaSP can jump to http://bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/vasp.html. Is that possible? Currently the link http://bioconductor.org/packages/VaSP will jump to http://bioconductor.org/about/removed-packages/.  Please give me your suggestions.

Thanks,
Huihui

From:                                                                                                                        "Yu Huihui"                                                                                    <yuhuihui2011 using foxmail.com>;
Date: Wed, Feb 17, 2021 11:55 AM
To: "mtmorgan.bioc"<mtmorgan.bioc using gmail.com>;
Cc: "bioc-devel"<bioc-devel using r-project.org>;
Subject: [Bioc-devel] How to change the name of a package on Bioconductor

Hello,

I have released a package vasp to&nbsp;Bioconductor (http://bioconductor.org/packages/vasp). Recently I had a manuscript about this package published&nbsp;on New Physiologist (https://nph.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/nph.17189). However, on the manuscript, the link to the package is http://bioconductor.org/packages/VaSP. I want to change the name of the package to VaSP from vasp.&nbsp; I changed the package name and updated it in&nbsp;git.bioconductor.org, but the build failed and it said "ERROR&nbsp; (Bad DESCRIPTION file)".&nbsp;

Can I change the name of a package existing on Bioconductor? How can I do that?

Thanks,
Huihui