[Bioc-devel] How to change the name of a package on Bioconductor

Yu Huihui yuhu|hu|2011 @end|ng |rom |oxm@||@com
Wed Feb 17 04:55:13 CET 2021

Hello,

I have released a package vasp to Bioconductor (http://bioconductor.org/packages/vasp). Recently I had a manuscript about this package published on New Physiologist (https://nph.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/nph.17189). However, on the manuscript, the link to the package is http://bioconductor.org/packages/VaSP. I want to change the name of the package to VaSP from vasp.  I changed the package name and updated it in git.bioconductor.org, but the build failed and it said "ERROR  (Bad DESCRIPTION file)".

Can I change the name of a package existing on Bioconductor? How can I do that?

Thanks,
Huihui