[Bioc-devel] Unable to push to bioconductor

Jakob Wirbel j@kob@w|rbe| @end|ng |rom emb|@de
Tue Feb 16 16:16:55 CET 2021

Hi all,

I am maintaining the SIAMCAT R package and wanted to push some updates
to the bioconductor remote. It seesm to me that I have the correct
permissions to do this and it was never a problem in the past:

ssh -T git using git.bioconductor.org | grep SIAMCAT
  R W    packages/SIAMCAT

I have my local repository configured in a way that i can push both to
bioconductor and github from the same repo:

git remote -v
bioconductor    git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/SIAMCAT.git (fetch)
bioconductor    git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/SIAMCAT.git (push)
github    https://github.com/zellerlab/siamcat.git (fetch)
github    https://github.com/zellerlab/siamcat.git (push)

However, when I try to push to the bioconductor remote in my Github
repository, i get the following error:

git push bioconductor master
Counting objects: 96, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (96/96), done.
Writing objects: 100% (96/96), 4.41 MiB | 467.00 KiB/s, done.
Total 96 (delta 57), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Error: You cannot push without resolving merge conflicts.
remote:
remote: Please check the files in the commit pushed to the git-server
remote: for merge conflict markers like '<<<<<<<', '========', '>>>>>>>'.
remote:
To git.bioconductor.org:packages/SIAMCAT.git
  ! [remote rejected] master -> master (pre-receive hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to
'git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/SIAMCAT.git'

I checked all files in the repository for merge conflict markers and
could not find any.

Do you know what the problem could be here?

Thank you in advance!

Jakob

Jakob Wirbel
Predoctoral Fellow, Zeller team
EMBL, Meyerhofstr. 1, DE-69117 Heidelberg

http://www.embl.de/research/units/scb/zeller/
phone: +49-(0)6221-387-8312