[Bioc-devel] What is the Timeout limit on R CMD check?

Kern, Lori Lor|@Shepherd @end|ng |rom Ro@we||P@rk@org
Fri Feb 12 19:02:47 CET 2021

The page you have listed is for long tests.  If long tests are implemented through the documented process, those checks have 40 minutes to run and are currently only run once per week.

The daily builders do not give such a large time limit to packages. We build and check all packages so there is some restriction on how much and for how long packages utilizes resources.
http://bioconductor.org/developers/package-guidelines/#correctness
The requirements are currently set for 10 minutes as described in the above document.

Some things to consider to help meet requirements.  It is often only necessary to use a small subset of data for examples, tests, and vignette demonstrations rather than a full dataset.
If it is do to extensive testing, consider implementing the long tests using the documentation you referenced.

Cheers,

Lori Shepherd

Bioconductor Core Team

Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center

Elm & Carlton Streets

Buffalo, New York 14263