[Bioc-devel] What is the Timeout limit on R CMD check?

migdal migdal mcjm|gd@| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Feb 12 18:54:07 CET 2021

Dear all,

I am currently in the process of submitting my package to Bioconductor and
I got a bit stuck trying to go through the R CMD CHECK. The problem I am
facing at the moment is

TIMEOUT: R CMD check exceeded 14 mins

(here is full report if needed
http://bioconductor.org/spb_reports/midasHLA_buildreport_20210210035124.html)

While the message is obvious, it is unclear to me what is the time
limit for R CMD CHECK? Such that I know what to aim at.

I've found some information here
https://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/long-tests/, but it says:
"The maximum amount of time that R CMD check is allowed to spend
on each package is 40 min."  Does not really add up with the TIMEOUT
error above, unless I am missing something.

Cheers Maciek