[Bioc-devel] Many build report errors due to some regressions introduced in S4Vectors

Hervé Pagès hp@ge@@on@g|thub @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Dec 7 20:58:37 CET 2021

Hi,

While making some changes to S4Vectors, I introduced a couple of
regressions that break many packages on today's devel report:

   https://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.15/bioc-LATEST/

One is an infinite circular recursion error that looks like this:

   C stack usage  7977524 is too close to the limit

The other one is an out-of-bounds index error that looks like this:

   <SummarizedExperiment>[i,] index out of bounds

or like this:

   <VCF>[i,] index out of bounds

(the name inside the angle brackets can actually be any
SummarizedExperiment derivative).

This seems to break about 120 software packages in devel. It also
affects the books:

   https://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.15/books-LATEST/

Sorry for that!

It's now fixed in S4Vectors 0.33.7 and SummarizedExperiment 1.25.3 so
hopefully things will clear out in the next couple of days.

Apology for the inconvenience.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Best,
H.

--
Hervé Pagès