[Bioc-devel] CDI package - Error in Windows system

Jiyuan Fang j|@ng|ove@t@t@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Dec 7 14:15:48 CET 2021

Dear Sir/Madam,

Hope this email finds you well. May I ask about an error in the Bioconductor build report (http://bioconductor.org/spb_reports/CDI_buildreport_20211206165809.html )? I pushed CDI package version 0.99.2 to Bioconductor yesterday. An error was reported for Windows server as the following:

* Checking if DESCRIPTION is well formatted...
Warning in read.dcf(file.path(package_dir, "DESCRIPTION")) :
  cannot open compressed file 'C:\Users\pkgbuild\AppData\Local\Temp\Rtmp2zGczl\file1a2464df3aef/CDI/DESCRIPTION', probable reason 'No such file or directory'
    * ERROR: DESCRIPTION is malformed.
cannot open the connection

It looks the backslashes and forward slashes in the path are not consistent. I am not sure how to fix this problem. I ran the read.dcf() function in my own laptop and it works without errors. Do you have any advice?

Best,
Jiyuan