[Bioc-devel] Build error on Mac re: Arial font and polygon edges

Shraddha Pai @hr@ddh@@p@| @end|ng |rom utoronto@c@
Fri Apr 30 23:46:29 CEST 2021

Hello BioC community,
My package netDx is building correctly on Linux but has the following
issues on Mac:
When running the vignette BuildPredictor.Rmd,
1) we get the error: Warning in doTryCatch(return(expr), name, parentenv,
handler) :

  no font could be found for family "Arial"

2) the vignette then ends with the error:

Error: processing vignette 'BuildPredictor.Rmd' failed with diagnostics:

polygon edge not found

Why would the package have this error on Macs and not on Linux machines?
And the error had not previously occurred. It seems to have occurred with
an old vignette (not the one I recently added).

One thing I had to change recently was to change the vignette building
method for all vignettes, from knitr::knitr to knitr::rmarkdown, but I only
did it because I was getting a never-before-seen vignette building related
error for which I found this solution. Was this change a mistake?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Shraddha

--

*Shraddha Pai, PhD*
Independent Investigator

*Ontario Institute for Cancer Research*
MaRS Centre, 661 University Avenue, Suite 510, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G
0A3
*@OICR_news* <https://twitter.com/oicr_news> | *www.oicr.on.ca*
<http://www.oicr.on.ca/>

*Collaborate. Translate. Change lives.*

This message and any attachments may contain confidentia...{{dropped:11}}