[Bioc-devel] "r/markdown package should be declared as a dependency" error

Hervé Pagès hp@ge@@on@g|thub @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Apr 20 18:54:48 CEST 2021

Dear fellow package maintainers,

knitr 1.32.4 contains a fix for the current 'R CMD build' error that
affects hundreds of packages on our daily builds (the "r/markdown
package should be declared as a dependency" error). It's not on CRAN yet
but we've installed it from GitHub on all the build machines. Hopefully
the error will go away on tomorrow's build report.

Please note that if your vignette requires markdown or rmarkdown then
the recommendation of the knitr authors to have these packages in your
Suggests field still applies.

Cheers,
H.

--