[Bioc-devel] Package failing specifically on OS X - Java version? How to debug?

Shraddha Pai @hr@ddh@@p@| @end|ng |rom utoronto@c@
Wed Sep 30 20:32:49 CEST 2020

Hello BioC community,

Our package build fails specifically on merida, the OS X machine.
I suspect the issue is due to Java version incompatibility for that
machine (based on the nature of the error message and ongoing Java-related
issues).

https://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.12/bioc-LATEST/netDx/merida1-buildsrc.html

Running the build locally on my OS X 10.13.6 with R4.0 and Java 1.8 works
successfully (build and check both pass). I even set up the .Renviron.bioc
file for reproducibility, and everything runs through without errors.

To debug this, I enabled verbose messaging when committing on the 28th, but
don't see the printouts in the subsequent build results from last night. I
just further increased verbose messages - how can I get to the bottom of
the error?

Also, what is the Java version used on merida? I believe the issue has been
fixed for Java 11 and 14, unless something else changed re: Java setup on
this machine.

Thanks,Shraddha