[Bioc-devel] Help finding helpful diagnostic info in the build results report

Thistlethwaite, Lillian Rosa L||||@n@Th|@t|ethw@|te @end|ng |rom bcm@edu
Fri Sep 25 23:16:27 CEST 2020

The newest build report for the checking of a package I submitted to Bioconductor skipped both the Mac and Windows builds. The Mac build was skipped because of a known issue with another R package dependency, gmp, and this can be ignored.

However, the Windows build being skipped is a mystery to me. I did see the "get_dcf_info failed" message in the build tokay1 (Windows) Summary, but the read.dcf() function call from devtools and the system build works just fine on a Windows machine I tested the package on. There isn't much else diagnostic information as to why tokay1 is skipping the checks which I can use besides this. How are these undiagnostic SKIPS typically debugged?

For reference, please view the most recent build results report here:
http://bioconductor.org/spb_reports/CTD_buildreport_20200917232759.html

Warmest wishes,

Lillian Thistlethwaite

Baylor College of Medicine

Quantitative & Computational Biosciences Program

Houston, TX