[Bioc-devel] Bioconductor package DegNorm

Shepherd, Lori Lor|@Shepherd @end|ng |rom Ro@we||P@rk@org
Tue Sep 22 14:59:29 CEST 2020

We do not see any changes in the version on Bioconductor  git.bioconductor.org.  You need to push the changes to that location not your github location and there needs to be a valid version bump for the changes to propagate.

Firstly,  please check your remotes
git remote -v

upstream should point to git.bioconductor.org
upstream  git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/DegNorm

The instructions you sent that you followed were for maintaining a Bioconductor-only repository for an existing package.  This would be if you did not have a github repository of your own or only wanted to use the git.bioconductor.org version.  If this is not the case please refer to

https://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git/sync-existing-repositories/

These instructions would allow you to keep pointers to both a personal github  and the bioconductor official repository.

make sure there are no errors when you
git pull upstream master

and/or no errors when trying to push changes up:
git push upstream master

If there are and it says something about public keys:
Did you follow the instructions for initilizing your git credentials when the package was accepted
https://github.com/Bioconductor/Contributions/issues/1491#issuecomment-637138209

Cheers,

Lori Shepherd

Bioconductor Core Team

Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center

Elm & Carlton Streets

Buffalo, New York 14263