[Bioc-devel] Regarding installation of bioconductor version 2.13

Vincent Carey @tvjc @end|ng |rom ch@nn|ng@h@rv@rd@edu
Fri Oct 23 13:43:25 CEST 2020

You can install the package, using current R, from the source image at
https://bioconductor.org/packages/3.1/bioc/src/contrib/inSilicoDb_2.4.1.tar.gz

I did this

Then I tried to use it

> getPlatformList()

*Error: Webservice not accessible. Please check your internet connection.:
Error in function (type, msg, asError = TRUE) : Failed to connect to
insilicodb.com <http://insilicodb.com> port 443: Connection refused*

*Does the service still exist?  If not, the package will be of little use,
I suspect.*

On Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 6:37 AM Anamika Thalor <thalor.anamika5 using gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam,
> I am a PhD student in ICGEB, New Delhi and I am working on GEO datasets and
> for that, I need inSilicoDb package of R. This inSilicoDb package needs
> Bioconductor version 2.13 but I tried every thing but still not able to
> install it on my mac. I installed  R of version 3.0.2 which is required for
> Bioconductor version 2.13 but still getting error. I am attaching my error
> file with the email. Kindly help me in this regard.
>
> --
> Anamika
> Pre-doctoral Fellow
> Translational Bioinformatics Group,
> International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology,
> Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi - 110067

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the ...{{dropped:18}}