[Bioc-devel] Package update before october 23rd deadline and build errors [duplicated, wrong email address previous]

Pages, Herve hp@ge@ @end|ng |rom |redhutch@org
Wed Oct 21 19:08:32 CEST 2020

Hi Giulia,

Today's report is available. Unfortunately ISAnalytics tests are still
failing on Windows:

https://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/ISAnalytics/tokay1-checksrc.html

Note that you have this warning at the beginning of the tests:

   > test_check("ISAnalytics")
   Warning message:
   In file(file, "rt") :
     file("") only supports open = "w+" and open = "w+b": using the former

Maybe it's relevant?

In any case, that warning should not be ignored as it is most likely
reporting a real problem.

Best,
H.

On 10/21/20 02:58, Giulia Pais wrote:
> Hello, bioconductor team,
>
> I'm one of the contributors for the package ISAnalytics. We pushed some
> changes we would like to be included in the release for bioconductor
> 3.12 a couple of days ago but the build report still refers to the older
> version, did we miss the deadline for updates or is it normal? Moreover,
> by taking a look at the build report for the older version we noticed it
> had failed on Windows, which is to us very odd, since we develop and
> check the package on windows locally and we also have github automated
> actions that perform the same checks on other machines and there were no
> errors or warnings. From what we can see from the report it seems a
> BiocParallel problem, could you give us feedback on this please? The
> link to the build report:
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bioconductor.org_checkResults_devel_bioc-2DLATEST_ISAnalytics_&d=DwICAg&c=eRAMFD45gAfqt84VtBcfhQ&r=BK7q3XeAvimeWdGbWY_wJYbW0WYiZvSXAJJKaaPhzWA&m=CHJeB1qsdWS04WzhReQyXwYrMCo0ZFIzgm8KFXf0dSU&s=gGAt_tpoNlVhB63K8IusN9oxHe9SQzGi6T3Drsx4jxU&e=
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Giulia Pais

Hervé Pagès

Program in Computational Biology