[Bioc-devel] Compiling a cpp source code while installing package

Martin Morgan mtmorg@n@b|oc @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Nov 7 16:30:50 CET 2020

It would probably help to provide additional detail here; there are several examples of packages that build C / C++ libraries from source, a common pattern is to have a package dedicated to providing the library, e.g., Rhtslib or Rhdf5lib, or of building the library as part of the software package itself.

It's worth assessing whether the functionality is worth it (e.g., why use a random number generator from another package, when one can use the R random number generator) or already implemented (e.g., linear algebra in RcppArmadillo).

Martin