[Bioc-devel] Compiling a cpp source code while installing package

Alexandru Voda @|ex@ndru@vod@ @end|ng |rom @eh@ox@@c@uk
Sat Nov 7 16:25:35 CET 2020

Hi! I tried to look this up in the FAQ & best practices but couldn't find it.

My in-the-works package needs to call a legacy C++ software from time to time.

Since that C++ software is open-source, is there a way to make my package compile the source (during R package installation) I'm going to include? That'd make my package's dependency localized and well-controlled, but any other alternative is welcome (except Rcpp, which would take too many months to rewrite into the legacy C++ software).

Best wishes,
Alexandru